TWO FORMS OF PLASMA USED IN MEDICINE
Non-Thermal Plasma (NTP)
Creates plasma at the treatment site using the patented Plasmend dielectric barrier discharge (DBD)
electrode handpiece. NO CARRIER GAS REQUIRED
- Plasma is created at room temperature without thermal tissue damage.
- Plasmend NTP handpiece has two different DBD sizes to treat small lesions and larger surface areas.
- Short treatment times of 1 to 2 minutes for clinical efficacy.
Jet plasma creates plasma distant from the target site and carries the plasma to the site via a gas such as
helium, argon, or nitrogen.
- Jet plasma has a thermal component and may burn tissue.
- Jet plasma treatment is slow with small treatment areas compared to Plasmend NTP treatment.